Centre College International Language Scholarship Awards, USA
Center College is a committed university that is engaged in pursuing its focus on developing and strengthening the achievement of its students. It provides life-changing career development for its students through career-based internships which enhance their skills and their personal connections while providing them with important professional learning experiences.
For the past 50 years, the Centre College has been home to both active Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa chapters, and has been responsible for producing more than 70% of Kentucky’s Rhodes Scholars during the past 50 years. The College regularly graduates Fulbright, Goldwater, Rotary, and other major scholarship winners.
The Center College proposes a generous amount of programs in the arts, which requires the achievement of a broad academic program and a primary field of study.
About The Scholarship:
- Host University: Centre College;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Graduate, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels.
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000$ – 5,000$;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: February 1st, 2022.
The International Language Scholarship Awards is open for National, International, Graduate, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students in all the fields at the Centre College, USA.
Scholarship Benefits: The Centre College will offer a grant of 3,000$ – 5,000$ annually for all successful students.
- At the center, candidates are required to complete two courses in their language of choice and achieve a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in each course;
- The program requires applicants to successfully complete two courses in a second international language or one course in a second international language in addition to Linguistics 210, and to have at least a 3.0 grade point average in each of these courses;
- Candidates must be studying abroad.
All successful candidates are required to submit an application to the Centre College by the Common Application that will be send at the end of the application page.
- French, German, and Spanish language scholarship applicants are required to provide an abstract in the primary language. Japanese, Latin, or Mandarin scholarship candidates are permitted to write their essays in English and should state, in particular, «When you became interested in this language, which of the following did you learn? What do you like most about your abilities in the language you have acquired? How do you think your study of the language and culture will enhance your future?” (500 word limit);
- Letter of recommendation;
- Finance Certificate;
- Evaluation Teacher;
- Report of Secondary School;
- Academic Records;
- High School Records.
Any students interested can suggest the ACT or SAT, and the test results can be reported by the appropriate department.
The Centre requires candidates to have proven competency in French, German, Latin, Mandarin or Spanish, or to be willing to study Arabic. Each international participant to the Center who does not speak English as a first language will be required to present formal scores from the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test (DET). The Center’s minimum requirement for TOEFL is 90, IELTS is 7.0 and DET is 115.
Please visit the official website for more details: