The Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano (YUMSUK) has not yet released the cut-off mark for the 2023/2024 academic session. However, based on the previous year’s cut-off marks, it is expected that the cut-off mark for 2023/2024 will be between 160 and 180 for most courses.
Factors Affecting the Cut-Off Mark
The cut-off mark for each course is determined by a number of factors, including:
- The number of applicants for the course
- The performance of applicants in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- The availability of spaces in the course
How to Prepare for the YUMSUK Post-UTME Screening
In addition to meeting the cut-off mark, candidates must also pass the YUMSUK Post-UTME screening exercise to be eligible for admission. The Post-UTME screening exercise is a computer-based test that assesses candidates’ knowledge in English language, mathematics, and general paper.
To prepare for the Post-UTME screening exercise, candidates should:
- Thoroughly review the past questions and answers for the Post-UTME screening exercise
- Practice answering questions under timed conditions
- Be familiar with the format of the Post-UTME screening exercise
- Get a good night’s sleep before the Post-UTME screening exercise
Candidates are advised to regularly check the YUMSUK website for updates on the admission process, including the release of the cut-off mark and the Post-UTME screening schedule.