Korolinska Institute Global Master’s Scholarships – Sweden
Located in Stockholm, Sweden, the Karolinska Institute is one of the top medical universities in the world.
The Karolinska Institute’s goal is to improve human health through both research and instruction. With approximately 6,000 students, the facility is situated near the Karolinska University Hospital.
Karolinska Institute’s research covers the entire medical domain, starting from basic experiments to clinical and nursing oriented research. The institution is the biggest leader in university medical research in Sweden.
The two campuses are situated about 10-15 minutes by foot or by train from the city center. In addition to bachelor and master degrees, Karolinska Institute proposes PhD’s as well. To earn a PhD, students need to achieve an excellent background knowledge in medical science and scientific methodology, and advanced scientific competence in the particular topic area that they select for their thesis.
- Host University: Karolinska Institute;
- Host Country: Sweden;
- Study Level: Master’s Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Public Health, Toxicology, Molecular Techniques in Life Science, Health Informatics, Bio entrepreneurship, Nutrition Sciences, Biomedicine.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
The Global Scholarship at Karolinska Institute is available for Master’s Degree and International Students in the disciplines of: Public Health, Toxicology, Molecular Techniques in Life Science, Health Informatics, Bio entrepreneurship, Nutrition Sciences, Biomedicine.
The Karolinska Institute awards annually 10 scholarships, throughout the Global Master’s Program, for exceptional students who begin each fall semester.
Competition is tough, with approximately 1500 international students annually competing for the scholarship.
- The KI Global Master scholarship will help to finance the costs of the program only partially donated by the Karolinska Institute, or only part of the school expenses for the program.
- Travel, subsistence and any other expenses need to be covered by another source of financing.
- Students who have already completed their Master’s degree and successfully submitted their application to one of the global Master’s programs of the Karolinska Institute from 2021 onwards;
- To be a non-EU/EEA fee-paying student;
- The application form has to be filled out and paid before February 1, 2021;
- Meet the admission and application documentation conditions of the program to which the candidates have submitted their applications.
- After the last day for paying the application and submitting necessary documents, every candidate for the Global Master’s program at Karolinska Institute will be informed and will be provided with an invitation for submitting an online form to apply for the scholarship for the Global Master’s program at KI after the deadline for paying the scholarship fees and sending the necessary documents.
- The Global Master’s Program beginning in the fall of 2021 will begin on October 16, 2020 and will close on January 15, 2021. Please check the official website for more details on the application process for this scholarship.